First time IUI success?
1524 Replies
CostumeQueen - July 19

Alrighty then. I had the IUI on Monday and now I'm waiting too! July 30th can't come soon enough! I am trying to promise myself to not look into any "early" pregnancy signs, especially since I am only 3dp IUI. I have had a smidgen of light cramping which I think I remember having with my first pregnancy last Decmeber which resulted in a m/c. I think our chances are pretty good in the grand scheme of things since we only needed 10 mil sperm and my over achiever husband produced 72 mil!!! Carriebeth - good to know that the trigger will show up on a test until around a week after. I don't want to freak out and blindly go take a hpt just to find out it was all the trigger shot! Hopefully I get to be one of those first times a charm gals. I'm just wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'...:) BABY DUST!

hopesforthebest42 - July 20

I know how you all feel!!! I’m praying BABY DUST for each one of you!!! The first time worked for me and now my nights are spent playing with my little man 3 month old. First time can be a success!!!
The 2 weeks seamed so hard. Try staying busy to keep your mind off things. I didn’t test early I waited the full 14 days and took an at home test. Keep your spirits up and wishing you all the best!! Keep us posted!!!

hopesforthebest42 - July 20

I know how you all feel!!! I’m praying BABY DUST for each one of you!!! The first time worked for me and now my nights are spent playing with my little man 3 month old. First time can be a success!!!
The 2 weeks seamed so hard. Try staying busy to keep your mind off things. I didn’t test early I waited the full 14 days and took an at home test. Keep your spirits up and wishing you all the best!! Keep us posted!!!

Maycee02 - July 20

CostumeQueen- it's super hard! I've got 4 more days left and I so badly want to test early as I'm 11dpiui and I've read people getting positives as early as 10dpiui! But I'm holding out till Tuesday which is when my RE told me to test.. at least I' hope I'm holding out.. LOL

hopesforthebest42- Thank you so much for sharing!! It's so exciting and brings hope for others to hear of first time sucess stories!
Since yesterday afternoon and even today I haven't been feeling good.. a mix between starving an nauseus. Trying not to ready anything into it because it could be the progesterone.. but I also had cramping on 6dpiui for about 3-4 days and still have a little.. which could either be implantation.. OR progesterone! Sucks that the symptoms are the same!

drowanedu - July 23

Hi Everyone, I had a IUI on July 14th. I'm also waiting for JUly 30th. The waiting is so hard. I did injectables, had 3 follicles. This was my first IUI, hoping with all the meds, ultra sounds that we picked the right day. I have been reading the early signs of pregnancy, its so hard to know. I have had a lot of the symptoms since JUly 15th. People tell me its probably the meds. I'm still on progesterone.

teew - July 23

Hello Immanuel Anne and to all my other sisters who are ttc..Reading your post brings much encouragement..Im in the military n my hubby n i have been married for almost 16yrsdone n we had 3 miscarriages..The Drs did every test you can think of and all are good other than possibly have a low progesterone level n everything is over active in which the Dr said they can work with that..So GOD has opened a door for us we have done 2failed cycles of clomid with trigger shot. So today was our first and only round of clomid trigger shot n IUI so now we wait on the hand of GOD the 6praise of Aug we will get our positive result on paper..I ask that you all keep me in your prayers...n im praying for all of you..babydust on its way..

teew - July 23

Hello Immanuel Anne and to all my other sisters who are ttc..Reading your post brings much encouragement..Im in the military n my hubby n i have been married for almost 16yrsdone n we had 3 miscarriages..The Drs did every test you can think of and all are good other than possibly have a low progesterone level n everything is over active in which the Dr said they can work with that..So GOD has opened a door for us we have done 2failed cycles of clomid with trigger shot. So today was our first and only round of clomid trigger shot n IUI so now we wait on the hand of GOD the 6praise of Aug we will get our positive result on paper..I ask that you all keep me in your prayers...n im praying for all of you..babydust on its way..

Sm22 - July 29

Hi all I'm starting iui next month im so excited have been waiting so long for this is to get started I have everything crossed it works first time. I have had all the test done and everything is good to go. My partner had cancer due to that he had to get sperm stored . We are now ready for a family. I am young so I think that will have a good respond on me xxxxx

drowanedu - July 29

Thats wonderful SM22. Good Luck to you. My brother had cancer 17 years ago he also had sperm stored. At the time I raised the question, it wasnt thought of too highly from my Mother. But after they were happy I suggested it. To the rest of everyone, we are almost to July 30th. Its been a hard 2 weeks. Baby dust to everyone,

drowanedu - July 29

Thats wonderful SM22. Good Luck to you. My brother had cancer 17 years ago he also had sperm stored. At the time I raised the question, it wasnt thought of too highly from my Mother. But after they were happy I suggested it. To the rest of everyone, we are almost to July 30th. Its been a hard 2 weeks. Baby dust to everyone,

Maycee02 - August 2

Hoping everyone has gotten good news!! :) My first IUI didn't... but we are going for number 2... haven't done the procedure yet but will be coming up soon.. hoping second times a charm! Good luck to everyone!!

massy08 - August 7

Hello everybody I have been ttc for a year now and it has been very depressing every month to see the negative tests and not knowing whats wrong. My husband and I went and got tested a month ago and were both healthy just that I have pcos and my doctor has recommended to do a clomoid cycle. I will be getting a FSh shot and an IUI and I am very scarred of it not working the first time. My husband and I really want a baby and I keep looking for info on the internet and I just need some encouragement thanks guys baby dust to everybody

Maycee02 - August 7

massy08- I def understand, we were trying for 2 1/2 years before we finally went this route.. unfortunately I can't give you good news on our first one as it didn't work.. they say it typically takes 2 or 3 times..however.. when I was in my 2WW I searched the internet and did find many people that it DID work for on the first time so there is always hope!! I just had my 2nd IUI yesterday and I'm REALLY hoping it works as our ins doesn't cover much of it and the injectable meds are super expensive and I'm not sure we can try again after this.. :(
Good luck to you and keep us posted!!!

carriebeth5379 - August 7

Hi all,
I thought I would pop in and give an update. I am 6 weeks, 5 days pregnant today. We saw our little bean's heart beat flicker at our ultrasound appointment yesterday. I also have PCOS and this was my first Injectables + Ovidrel + IUI. I only had one mature follicle when I received the trigger shot before my IUI. It is definitely possible for it to work the first time! I remember searching the internet for first IUI success stories, so I hope this helps. Good luck to everyone! :)

drowanedu - August 8

Hi Everyone, My heart goes out to you Maycee and Massy . Carriebeth, congrats. I am also pregnant. I'm 5 weeks 4 days. It did work for me on the first try but I did Bravelle, Melpur, Gastrix and Ovidel injections. My bloodwork says the hormone levels is rising very nicely and I go for first ultra sound next week. Good luck everyone, have faith it will happen.

massy08 - August 8

Thanks Maycee thats what every body keeps telling me to stay positive and belive in it and itll happen but its alot easier said than done And I feel you on these treatments being expensive my insurance only covered my testing but will not cover any treatment and its another reason why I am hoping it works the first time because more treatments were not sure we can cover.Good luck hopefully this time it will work for you :) Congrats carriebeth and thanks it gives me hope. Thanks Drowanedu and congrats. I will be going in on friday for blood work and ovary us and I think thats when I will also be starting my clomid Ill keep you guys posted

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?