TTC
3 Replies
TTC - November 10

Hello everyone,
My husband and I have been TTC for three months (now going on four). We had intercourse every night during the week I thought I was "most fertile". Well, my period was two weeks late (besides the bad news that I was not pregnant, just late) I am not sure when we should try this month. Is my cycle off a little this month, last month, my guess is that I ovulated later than I thought (didnt use an ovulation kit). Should I consider my fertile time based on my normal 30 day cycle????? any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

babygurl - August 1

normal time frame of trying is up to 1 year.if still no luck, then maybe you should consider taking fertility pills.just keep on trying most especially on times that your discharge is clear, wet and stretchy, this simply indicates that you are ovulating.

emma spencer - September 24

My marriage ended recently. My ex-husband was supportive until he also loses interest. Due to my emotional unavailability. I am 44 years old and trying to get pregnant is my first priority from last few years. When I got married I observed something happening with my body. More fatigue and weight gain. At first, I thought I was pregnant which left me and my husband with happiness. But then lab diagnose me with hormonal imbalance. Which causes all these symptoms. I was positive at the beginning. But with the passage of time it became nightmare. No treatment worked not even natural remedies. My husband ended marriage due to frustration. But now I started thinking about other options as well adaption or surrogacy. I hope something good worked out for all of us.

zawadipet - September 26

Dear, TTC.
Allow me to respond thus, there exists a six-day fertility window in the cycle of any woman, you need to look up for the five days that lead up to ovulation, and through to the day of ovulation. In those six days the best time you have more chances to conceive lies in the 2 – 3 days before you ovulate and also the day of ovulation. , which is the time you are most fertile. The moment your egg gets released, it remains viable for a period of 12 to 24 hours.
You probably need to monitor your basal body temperature, which remains constant before ovulation but dips at the onset of ovulation. Another thing you can do is to keep track of stuff like the increase in the cervical mucus, occurrence of cramps, fluid retention, breast tenderness, mood changes, and appetite. You can also use your ovulation predictor kit to measure the luteinizing hormone detectable in your urine.
When you approach ovulation, the body tends to produce more estrogen, leading to your cervical mucus becoming stretchy and as clear as egg white, this is meant to make the sperms to swim over to your egg, which gets released at the time of ovulation. Just keep an eye on this, and you will be on your way to motherhood!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?