Clomid success story - it does work!
2151 Replies
ami005 - April 12

Hi ladies! I am new to this site and looking for some support and encouragement. :) My husband and I have been ttc for 2 1/2 years with no success. Our dr started me on provera 3 days ago and I will take 50mg of clomid day 5-9. I am wondering if anyone has any helpful hints - things I should or shouldn't do. :)

katie267 - April 12

CRMR2008 we are both really close on cycle days. I am on CD 13 today. I had a follicle ultrasound today and am awaiting my doctor to call me with the results. If this month doesn't work I think I will just give up!

This cycle I noticed I am getting REALLY hot at night. Like sweating/ opening the window when its 30 degrees out hot. It doesn't last too long but it has caused me insomnia because I am too uncomfortable to go to sleep.

Oddly, I feel like clomid is balancing my hormones. I don't feel grouchy and b****y all the time. I feel pleasant and happy. Not sure if it is the clomid but I like it.

I think I will start doing OPK's today or tomorrow. I ditched the line tests because they were too confusing and went with the Clearblue smiley face tests.

katie267 - April 12

CD 12 today*

crmr2008 - April 12

Katie267,

I think we are very similar. I was just telling my mom that I was waking up in the middle of the night sweating to death. I did not have that issue last month. I was only on 50mg last month and am on 100mg this month. What dose are you on? It is very emotional going through this month to month, but I keep reminding myself that it will be worth it. Baby dust to all!

crmr2008 - April 12

aim005

Welcome :) This is a great forum to find support and to share your frustrations. I am glad that you are seeking help. There have been a lot of women that have had success taking Clomid. Some of the side effects I have noticed are the following: hot flashes, acne breakouts, cramping around my ovaries, and pregnancy like symptoms (which can be frustrating). I am on my second round. I did 50mg the first month and I did not ovulate, so they upped my does. We are all here for you! Baby dust your way!

BabyFever12 - April 12

Hi everyone! Hope all is well. I haven't been on much this cycle. I've been so busy & I feel like its just flown by. The doctor kept me on 50mg this cycle. I had one mature follicle on CD13 . It was on my left side & measured 21.5mm. My CD21 progesterone was 15 this month...it was 19 last month. I had my trigger shot that day. I'm on CD26 & had my beta today. The results were negative. I'm pretty bummed. The nurse said I could either stock with Clomid or move on to my next treatment, which is FSH injections. I think I'll give the Clomidone more month. My doctors office is an hour away & I end up having to take 1/2 day off for appointments, with the FSH injections, there's a lot more monitoring & I'd have to go about 5 times a month as opposed to 2 for clomid. It's really rough to take that much time off from work. Does anyone know if infertility treatment is covered by FMLA?

BabyFever12 - April 12

*Correction: Trigger shot was CD13, not 21.....

jones248 - April 20

After having a heterotopic pregnancy and losing both the baby and me left tube, I started using Clomid 50mg to help conceive again. I became pregnant after my first round and we found out that I had another ectoic pregnancy. I kept my right tube and had testing done to make sure it was open. We tried for two more months and I am pregnant again. I am almost 7 weeks and will be having a u/s on Friday. This morning I had slight cramping and some brown blood when wiping. I am so worried, but I know that there is little that I can do. My Hcg was low when we first found out but it was doubling every 48hrs.

katie267 - April 20

Babyfever do you have health insurance? Every plan varies, you should look at your plan to see exactly what it covers. I hope it does cover that!

As for me, I am on CD 20 right now. Had a positive OPK on Wednesday night (negative weds afternoon) Thursday and then back to negative Friday night. I think I ovulated on Thursday or Friday morning. Hoping this cycle is it for me! I don't know if I can go through this a third time and be hopeful :/

Hope everyone else is doing great!

hopeingforamiracle - April 21

well hello lady's have not been on here for awhile, I have been a busy woman with work and everything. Well i was taking three rounds of 50mg clomid and on the third round i got pregnant and miscarried. Now the DR put me on three rounds of 100mg of clomid. I finished my first round now waiting to test i have a few symptoms my nipples are very sensitive and peeing alot but it could be from the clomid but not sure its just so confusing. aunt flow came on march 30th so not to sure how soon i can test, anyone know? Then my sister in law just found out she is pregnant with her thrid they were not even trying and she was on her way on getting iud but they told her she couldent get it cause she is pregnant, I am happy for her but at the same time im like really come on her kids are both in school now she dident want anymore and on top of everything she stole the name i have been wanting for my daughter when i have one. But i can not be bitter she is like my best friend it just hurts really bad :(

Jinni - April 21

Jones 248...

I know u r going with the hard time but you cant do anything just to sit and pray to god that this time he show some miracle for u and ur baby...Sometimes I think that how cruel the life is to us that it makes so many hurdles in getting to be mom....I will keep u in my prayers...

hopeingforamiracle I am also in the same situation got pregnant on first round of 50mg clomid miscarried then hav to wait for the cycle ..which does not show its face took medicine to induce period and now on the second round...but now symptons as I had earlier ...od knows what will be in our account...u can test after 10 days of ur missed period as clomid generally make long cycle...otherwise u can go for the blood test also to see ur HCG level...All the best..Baby dust to u and keep updating...

crmr2008 - April 22

Hi Ladies!

I need your help. I got a positive ovulation test this past Friday CD17. However, I am afraid it was a false positive. I am using the clearblue digital ovulation test. I was unable to use my first morning urine. I took it two hours later from my first morning urine. However, I had a diet coke to drink. Could this cause a false positive? I know that they suggest not drinking before hand is that because it could cause a false negative or false positive? Please help!

kittymom - April 22

crmr2008: I've been using the ovulation tests for almost a year, and I never heard about getting false positives from drinking things. I started taking them in the mornings, then switched to dinnertime, and I would still get a positive around the time I was expecting one, although 1st morning urine is still probably better. I don't think you got a false positive, I'm guessing you really did ovulate.

As for me, I ovulated two weeks ago and got a BFN this morning, now just waiting for AF. ugh, I'm beyond frustrated with this whole process, it's so unfair what some of us have to go through just to have a baby. Sorry to complain, just not having a good day today.

Good luck ladies, I hope someone has good news soon!

crmr2008 - April 25

kittymom,

Hang in there! I am sorry to hear about your BFN. I know it is very discouraging. This process can be VERY frustrating at times, but remember how it will all be worth it when we have our babies in our arms!!! Is your doctor going to bump up your dose next cycle?

hopingforamiracle,

I know how hard it is when someone in your family gets pregnant. Its not that you don't want to be happy for them, it just hurts b/c you want the same thing! My sister-in-law is due anytime, I am VERY happy for her, but it also hurts, because I want the same thing. She wants me to be int he room with her, which I plan on doing. I just hope it doesn't make it even more difficult for me. However, I know that I will have my time in the spotlight someday, it is just being patient that is so hard!

Katie 267,

How is your cycle going? I think our cycles are very close together. I am on CD23. I ovulated last Friday (according to clearblue digital) I had my progesterone test today to confirm ovulation, I will get the results tomorrow! I hope your cycle is going well and you get your BFP!!

Ok, question for you ladies, have any of you ever gotten a positive OPK test, but then when you got a blood test it showed that you did not ovulate? I am worried that mine was a false positive. I automatically think the worst, but I think it is my way of not getting my hopes up. Also, what should be my progesterone level if I did ovulate?

Baby Dust and Prayers to Everyone!!!!!

katie267 - April 25

CRMR-- I am on CD 25. I am 6-7 DPO. I believe I ovulated last Thursday or Friday. My blood work from a few days ago came back excellent for progesterone...and now we wait! I have a headache and cramps right now, but I think that is too early for any symptoms.

My doctor said it is extremely rare to have a positive OPK and not really ovulate. I was worried about that too but she told me it is virtually unheard of. Keep your chin up :)

BabyFever12 - April 26

Hi everyone! Just checking in. I have been out this month, because I had a 17mm cyst on my left ovary at my CD3 u/s & they also saw what they thought might be the same polyp in my uterus as last month. I had a sonohysterogram on Tuesday and thankfully there was no polyp. The doctor put me on birth control this month to prevent any other cysts from forming. Hopefully the one I have will be gone by the time next cycle gets here. I was planning on moving from Clomid to injectables, but I got a call from the pharmacy last Friday saying that it was going to cost $5,093 for one cycle(my insurance doesn't cover any of the medication). I sat down & talked with the doctor after my sono on Tues. and he is going to put me on a combination of Clomid 50mg & the injectables in order to boost my stimulation and keep the cost down. I'm anxious to start something different in hopes that it'll work. Anyways, hope all is well with you gals & that you all get your BFP's this month!!

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?