TTC IN 2010!!!
168 Replies
CassieSong - January 27

HI, and thanks for the welcome. This would be our second child. Our dd is 4 years old and I went through cancer a couple of years back... so now we are finally trying again, but have no idea how long it will take. The doc says things are fine, but I can't help but wonder. The chemo did "ding" the ovaries as they say, and I was on a temporary menopause, so to speak. But my cycles have been normal now for quite a while. I know even with perfectly healthy couples, it can take a long time.

Jen30 - January 28

Arghhhh girls I'm SO frustrated... ok I am only 7/8 dpo and had 5000 pregnyl shot almost 9 days ago... been testing to watch it leave my system and yesterdays test I picked it up and thought to myself "definite total negative" threw it after about 20 mins.... today.. not sure why.. i tested 2nd morning urine and there was a faint pink line. My partner actually saw it 1st.. it appeared after about 5 minutes and was definitely pink. I know it's early for a true positive but im scared it's just the shot... but they say 1 day for every 1000 to exit your body and I had 5000 so thats 5 days right? Now I went and got the test from yesterday which was negative but today it also had a pink line on...faint but definitely there... but it definitely wasn't after 20 mins yesterday and todays test came up in less than 10... what is going on??? I'll say it again.... arghhhhhhhhh!!

CassieSong - January 30

Jen- wow, lots going on for you. I guess I myself would not trust an old pregnancy test. I've read they can be inaccurate after a certain amount of time and to only look in the alotted time after you actually pee on it. As far as the one that gave you a pink (pregnant) line right away, I'd say that sounds more promising. Wait a day or two and test again!

Jen30 - January 30

Cassiesong: True... I got negatives yesterday and today but then I am only 9dpo... a fool to believe I would be that lucky to get an extra early BFP lol.... oh well at least I know now that the shot needs the full 10 days to come out of my system. I keep squinting at the bloody things convinced I can see something but I think its just the shadow... these internet cheapies seem to always have them! I've tried so hard to stand back this month and I was doing really well until the shot came out my system.. I guess I was doing well because I knew I couldnt test.. or I was testing to watch the line disappear from the shot.. so much easier lol. But I remember even when it was really faint I could still see it without squinting so told myself if I have to squint there is nothing there.. (still cross eyed lol) So trying to not convince myself either way but it's getting really hard now especially after so many disappointments! But I can't help but wonder why for the last 2 days I've felt absolutely exhausted. I slept from 11-7 and by 3.30pm I fell asleep on couch watching tv and woke at 7pm! I never sleep in the day... I'm figuring if this is my month then I started feeling a bit different 8dpo... oh and has outrageously sore nips since 4dpo... could be clomid/shot though.

Anyway enough about me... poor you going through all that :( Did they not offer to freeze your eggs before chemo? Is there any way to check if everything is still working alright. I wish you all the best... seems you deserve a bit of luck!!

I wouldn't mind a bit of feedback on my chart if you don't mind.... I wasn't going to carry on temping after I detected 'O' butcouldn't help myself lol.

http://www.fertilityfr
iend.com/home/jennah30

Than
k
you x

Aunemom2b - January 31

Hey guys!! Well, I have a little news... first of all we close on our house in a couple of weeks...and I may be ADOPTING a baby!! A friend of mine from elementary school saw on facebook that I wanted to adopt one day - and she knows a girl that is pregnant and wants to give it up... We have a lot to finalize, and need to find out about finances, grants, lawyer fees, etc. - this has been a WHIRLWIND of emotions, thoughts, etc. we have NO money due to the closing and new house...but have friends and family that are willing to help out... GOD WILL PROVIDE!! I told dh that this doesn't mean I still don't one on my own - but I know God has a reason for this... Keep me in your prayers!!! We should know for sure in a few weeks!! Talk to you soon!! Good luck everyone!

Jen30 - February 1

Omgd girls I think I just got my BFP!!! It's really faint but slightly darker than yesterday... we did loads of them and in the end decided my gf should do one to see if it was an evap line... hers showed nothing at all and mine showed faint pink... omgd... I can't believe it.... I still am not 100% convinced though as I want it to be a DEFINITE line no question about it! I'm only 10dpo... will update. I really hope this is it after almost 10 years of wanting!!! :)

Jen30 - February 1

We confirmed the pregnancy this afternoon with a positive FRER and ClearBlue digital. I hope you guys get your BFP soon!! babydust x

Toscana - February 2

CONGRATS Jen!! I'm so happy for u girl!! I hope u have a AMAZING 9 months! & don't forget about us! keep us updated! lol ......asf I'm on cd 31 so no 28 day cycle for me =/ just waiting to see whats gonna happen! .......aunemom2b that is such awesome news!! yay!! I've read some really good stories about adoption that have kinda changed my views on it. I hope u get ur baby soon!! let us know how everything goes! and Congrats on ur house!! hope everyone has a great week!

Jen30 - February 2

Thanks Toscana... I still haven't absorbed it yet after all this time. I think the Hcg shot did it for me. What I did this month. Clomid 5-9 (before I took it n 1-5/2-7) Hcg shot on day 14 when I got my 1st pos opk. Selenium suppliments, pregnancy vitamins, baby asprin, co Q10 I knew it on day 8 I think cos I started feeling a bit icky... tired like my body is busy, you know when ur ill and anything exhausts you? I slept from 3.30pm til 7pm which I never do... and is about right to get a positive on 11 so I reckon 8 was implantation day. I actually said on the day "I got a feelig and if I'm right then today is the day its happening" I never imagined it would be!! ANyway I dont want to make too big a fuss as I know you ladies are still trying. 31 days isnt too long yet toscana. Have you tried agnus cactus? I've heard really good things about this stuff. Fingers crossed for you hun x

Toscana - February 2

thanks jen for sharing! I always like hearing about all the different things everyone tries that works and they get pregnant! so the hcg shot, is that what they call the trigger shot? and ya I have some vitex ( agnus castus) but I haven't been taking it lol I know I'm bad.. I'm waiting to my next cycle to start everything and since they are herbs I'm taking I know it takes months for them to start working so we will see!.

Jen30 - February 2

Toscana... yes it's the trigger shot. I couldn't get help from my docs so I managed to get hold of some on my own. Need to ask my doc for an early scan though to make sure there aren't too many beans in there.... I think it's 6 weeks so only 2 to go. You really need to take your vitex consistently for a few months or it's probably going to mess your hormones up even more... naughty girl... go to your room! lol. Yeah I didn't wanna sound like I was going on about it but did want to share what I did in hope it will help someone else :) I think the HCG really made a differenece. My progesterone which was 13 last month (should be 30 to indicate ovulation) This month it came back at 42 which I think is equivalent to about 14 in your measurements so go clomid lol. We only tried in nov, and then this month so really this year we did it 2nd month. Bought a Betty Boop baby on board t-shirt today lol.... I'll look suck an idiot behind the bar wearing that with no bump ha! x

clong - February 6

Congrats Jen and Aunemom2b! That is so awesome. I had my first iui today. The next two weeks are going to be pure torture but I'm trying to stay positive.

Toscana - February 8

hey girls just wanted to update! got af today sofar its just thebeginning and its spotting. but thats so exciting clong!! I hope this is it for u! keep us updated! and if u need to vent during the crazy 2ww go ahead! lol

angelmonkey - February 9

hey everyone.....congrats jen and i hope you get good news Aunemom2b.......toscona you'l get there eventually......i was just saying to tonie that im glad it took us as long as it did to conceive because i got my little princess out of it....even though im sure if i conceived the month before or something it would of been a different egg and different sperms so a different baby i would of still loved it as much as i love Heidi but it wouldn't of been Heidi if that makes sence..
just a little update my baby girl turned 1 yesterday!! she's not my little baby anymore....and she's almost walking just needs a little more confidence....im 22weeks pregnant tomorrow
toscona you really need to get a facebook!
baby dustxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aunemom2b - February 9

HEY GUYS!!! JEN - CONGRATULATIONS!! Happy for you girl!! Here's a quick update - birth parents are due to come to GA on 15th, they will stay in my old townhome until baby is here, and she recovers. Her OB appmt is 17th so we will know then when he will be born (C-section scheduled!) Hopefully SOON!! It's been a roller coaster of emotions!! i am so excited and yet sooooo scared!! She can change her mind at any time!! So much other stuff involved - it's scary - but INDEPENDENT adoptions are the WAY to go!! (less than $5000 total!! That is better than IVF, etc.!! We are going to try for our own once he is big enough... (9months or so) - until then, I guess I know how to NOT get preggo!! HAHA! We close on our house in 2 days - another thing to add to my CRAZINESS!! Needless to say i am NOT sleeping (guess God is preparing me for midnight feedings!) Well girls - i think of you and pray for you daily!! I will keep you posted!! I can't wait to hear about more BFP!! (hopefully I will get one one day too!! :-) luv!

Toscana - February 10

hey girls! aww wow angel I can't believe shes 1 already!! and hope the new baby is doing fine =) how is everything going? is this pregnancy any different? I forget have u found out what ur having yet?.......Aunemom2b that is just so AMAZING!! girl I am just soo happy for u! 2010 is an awesome year already!! yay! i'm so excited! I know my time will come lol angel I do have a facebook lol I've one for about amonth. my neighbor made me get one hahashes the one that is ttc and has pcos too. I'll put the link in here and hopefully it works for u! if not let me know. I'm always on facebook now playing farmville and fishville haha so all of u that have fb please feel free to add me!! I would love to talk to u all more! love u girls!!

http://www.facebook.com/profi
le.php?ref=profile&id=10000045259064

New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?